GET POLITICAL PAYBACK IN YOUR INBOX - FREE
Political Payback e-mails keep you updated on the ongoing politics in your locale and around the country.
Supporting Electoral Integrity and Transparency.
If you have experienced a positive or negative “payback” by an elected official this is your opportunity to describe this event and add it to the public record. By submitting your reports, you will encourage our elected representatives – from city and town councils to the halls of Congress – to work for us effectively and with integrity.
Our goal is not to build angry and politically motivated discourse. In fact, we will work vigilantly to keep our site free of biased, accusatory, and petty reports. Instead, we have set up an impartial system for you to report on the performance of your elected representatives and we give them the opportunity to respond to your reports.
We want to hear your story because accurate information provides a powerful means for holding our elected officials accountable. And we believe accountability encourages them to do their very best – with integrity and transparency – for all of their constituents.
The owners of the Milwaukee Bucks are requesting public money to help build a new Milwaukee Bucks arena. Vos admitted [...]
Judi Bosworth was elected to Town Supervisor following 6 years with the Nassau County Legislature as the representative for the [...]
Janice Spiegel worked on Jan Gardner’s election campaign. Gardner appointed Spiegel to a full time job as liaison to the [...]
Greg Luce had ongoing conflict about the Tea Party’s rights to hold signs on an interstate overpass bridge. The police [...]
Gregerson got a full time policy analyst position approved. Filings show that in October 2012, Marko Liias’ political fund donated [...]
17 workers in the highway department did not support Teague and may have supported his political apponent These 17 road [...]
Northampton County DA John Morganelli is the main political backer of Bob Donchez. He was Donchez’s campaign chair, he served [...]
Examples of Topics for Payback Posts
- You voted for an elected official and he/she delivered on a particular promise of interest (or did not deliver on that promise).
- You know of someone, or yourself, that did or did not get a job or promotion due your support (contribution and work) or opposition of an opposition candidate.
- A development project was approved or not approved due to support (contribution and work) or opposition of an elected official.
- A zoning approval was approved or not approved due to support (contribution and work) or opposition of an elected official.
- You know of someone, or yourself who was appointed to a government committee or board due to support (contribution and work) or opposition of an elected official.
- Contract negotiations went one way or another based on the negotiating party’s relationship with key elected officials.
- The use of philanthropic contributions to a favored charity of an elected official resulting in favored consideration.
- Elected official looking the other way to benefit a campaign contributor.
- Elected official intervening on a matter to benefit a campaign contributor.
What Other Say About PPB
Susan Kinney, Non-Profit Management Consultant
Howard Raff Ph.D., COO at Allergen Research Corp
Jack Winer, retired
Mark Kazarosian, Economics Professor
Solving a Problem - Lack of Electoral Integrity and transparency
- Elected Officials
- Online media sources
- Opposing candidates
- Candidate advocates
- Opposition researchers
- Political scientists
- Entities wanting deeper information on key lawmakers
VALUE TO USERS
- Central Information Source
- No Media Filter
- Describes Typically Unreported Events
- Shows the Good and the Bad of Political Influence
- Covers All Local, Statewide and Federal Elected Officials Nationwide
- Enables Two-Way Dialog Between Constituents & Officials
POLITICAL PAYBACK IS A...
- Central information source on the use and misuse of political office
- Positive influence on the behavior of every elected official in the US
- Enhancer of the democratic process through a more informed electorate
- Gathering place for citizens and voters who want deeper knowledge about the behavior of their elected officials
- Unique information source for the media, political scientists, opposition candidates, voters, and elected officials
- Lesson in political discourse that will enhance electoral integrity and transparency